Regulations for Operating Boats and Jet Skis
- MANDATORY: MUST Bring 1 Credit Card per reservation
- MANDATORY: MUST Bring 1 I.D. for each guest (ages 16 and older) that includes date of birth
- MANDATORY: A $300 pre-authorization is required at the start of the booking. The hold may be on a credit or debit card presented at check-in. The hold will be released once an inspection is completed upon the return of the watercraft.
- MANDATORY: MUST complete a Boaters Safety Test if PWC/Boat operator is born on or after Jan 1st, 1988 and does not have a Florida Boater Safety License .
- The Operator of a PWC/Boat must have a basic understanding of the English Language
- Guests that wish to operate a PWC/Boat and have not taken the Florida’s boater safety exam must arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure for on site examination.
- Guests born on or after Jan 1st 1988 may operate a PWC/Boat if they have a photo I.D. and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- They have a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators Certification from their home state
- Have completed the Boaters Safety Test at home and have a copy of boaters safety test
- Have completed Boaters Safety Test on site.
- There are 2 ways to obtain a Boater Safety License:
- A temporary Boater Safety License can be obtained at check-in by taking a 25 multiple choice question open book test in English. There is a fee of $3.00 per operator to take the test (cash or credit card accepted). Operators must check in 1 hour before departure time to obtain the temporary Boater Safety License
- Don’t want to wait? Obtain your Boater Safety License online by clicking HERE and be sure to present your confirmation at check-in
- Guests that must take the test should check in 1 hour before departure time
- Guests 16-17 years of age may operate a PWC/Boat after they have obtained a Boater Safety License, bring photo I.D. and have signed paperwork from a parent or legal guardian who must also show photo I.D. even if not participating
- A safety lanyard (key) must be attached to the operator of a Jet Ski at all times
- Two (2) guests are allowed per Jet Ski and the total weight cannot exceed 360 lbs (225 kg)
GUESTS CANNOT OPERATE PWC/BOAT IF THEY:
- Possess or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Have any existing medical conditions that put them or others at risk.
- Are over 18 years of age but do not have a valid government issued photo I.D. and credit card
- Do not have a basic understanding of the English Language
CANCELLATION AND WEATHER POLICY:
- Cancellations MUST be made at least 48 hours before the scheduled booking for a full refund, otherwise Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to charge full price for the booking.
- If a rental is canceled due to weather you are entitled to a full refund.
- If PWC/Boat leaves dock no refunds will be issued.
- No-Call-No-Shows will be charged in full, no exceptions.
- Rental begins at agreed upon reservation time. Please allow ample time to park, gather belongings and sign necessary paperwork. We cannot prorate for late arrivals.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Renters are responsible for the PWC and/or Boat while in their care. Renter is responsible for all damages incurred while in possession of PWC and/or Boat including loss of detachable equipment.
Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to charge the renter for any loss of revenue resulting from damage to the watercraft.
Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, behaving inappropriately, or behaving in a manner we deem to be unsafe.