Regulations for Operating Boats and Jet Skis
- MANDATORY: Guests born on or after Jan 1st 1988 may operate a PWC/Boat if they have a photo I.D. and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- They have a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators Certification
- Have completed the Boaters Safety Test at home and have a copy of boaters safety test, obtained by clicking HERE
- Have completed Boaters Safety Test on site.
- Operator(s) must check in 1 hour before departure time to take the test.
- We recommend obtaining the temporary certificate HERE in advance to save time at check-in
- MANDATORY: MUST Bring 1 Credit Card per reservation
- MANDATORY: MUST Bring 1 I.D. for each guest (ages 16 and older) that includes date of birth
- MANDATORY: A $300 pre-authorization (per Boat/Jet-Ski) is required at the start of the booking. The hold may be on a credit or debit card presented at check-in. The hold will be released once an inspection is completed upon the return of the watercraft.
- The Operator of a PWC/Boat must have a basic understanding of the English Language
- Guests 16-17 years of age may operate a PWC/Boat after they have obtained a Boater Safety License, bring photo I.D. and have signed paperwork from a parent or legal guardian who must also show photo I.D. even if not participating
- A safety lanyard (key) must be attached to the operator of a Jet Ski at all times
- Two (2) guests are allowed per Jet Ski and the total weight cannot exceed 360 lbs (225 kg)
GUESTS CANNOT OPERATE PWC/BOAT IF THEY:
- Possess or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Have any existing medical conditions that put them or others at risk.
- Are over 18 years of age but do not have a valid government issued photo I.D. and credit card
- Do not have a basic understanding of the English Language
CANCELLATION AND WEATHER POLICY:
- Cancellations MUST be made at least 48 hours before the scheduled booking for a full refund, otherwise Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to charge full price for the booking.
- If a rental is canceled due to weather you are entitled to a full refund.
- If PWC/Boat leaves dock no refunds will be issued.
- No-Call-No-Shows will be charged in full, no exceptions.
- Rental begins at agreed upon reservation time. Please allow ample time to park, gather belongings and sign necessary paperwork. We cannot prorate for late arrivals.
TRIP PROTECTION POLICY:
The trip protection is a service that we offer on our tours and activities. If you add this coverage to your reservation, you have the extra protection for last minute changes in your plans. The trip protection fee will be 10% of the total booking price. This fee is non-refundable. In order to file a claim, you will need to contact us via phone or email prior to the departure time of your activity. Cancelations communicated after the time of scheduled booking will be charged the full booking as a No-Call-No Show.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Renters are responsible for the PWC and/or Boat while in their care. Renter is responsible for all damages incurred while in possession of PWC and/or Boat including loss of detachable equipment.
Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to charge the renter for any loss of revenue resulting from damage to the watercraft.
Destiny Water Adventures reserves the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, behaving inappropriately, or behaving in a manner we deem to be unsafe.
DAMAGE PROTECTION COVERAGE POLICY:
Damage Coverage is available in the unfortunate event that damage occurs to your vessel while in your care. With damage protection Destiny Water Adventures will cover any and all damages up to $1000. Damages resulting from negligence or accidents due to other boaters above and beyond the $1000 threshold will be assessed at the time of rental return. Damages resulting in loss of rental will be assessed at the cost of $400 per day in addition to any repair or replacement costs.